terça-feira, 7 de abril de 2009

Walk to the subway

Before the bridge, the little herbs stand. A wooden shack upholstered with rosemary, chamomile, basil. Also, long green rubbery tongues, dark green tongues edged with spikes: aloe. A dark face peeking out of the window in the middle of the herb forest. A rectangular garden, an eternal plant rack, suspended above the multiple lanes, the infinite rows of cars, the flashing metal. A furry green scaffolding etched out against the city´s widest horizon. The eye reaches farther, down the valley, all the way to the high towers of Zona Leste, and still, there is a sky behind it.

2 comentários:

Rafael disse...

Dear, I swear it's impossible not to find it easier to read John Bunyan than your blog. If I didn't know this crazy city quite well, there would be no means for me to realize what you are talking about whithout me using a dictionary.
On the other hand, these might be the lessons I could really use.

Nathalie disse...

Yes, I know I´m quite cryptic as I build this personal map of this crazy city. But hopefully each new entry or description will slowly connect with past ones, and the rhyzomatic city will emerge more clearly...